Every business needs tools to be successful. I seek out the best affordable tools, try them and make recommendations for the ones that have significantly improved my productivity. My core mission is to help you save time, money and become a better marketer. The following list will do that.
This year, many of them are online which probably won’t surprise you either.
1) Wisestamp – An email signature template service offering many templates and apps for creating an impactful, interactive signature. It’s easy to use, affordable and lets your recipients know you care. Your email signature is your business card for those who have not met you yet. Be memorable.
Cost: A one-year PRO subscription will cost you $72.00. Other plans are available.
2) The Adweek Copywriting Book by Joseph Sugarman – This book completely changed how I look at writing anything. It not only applies to advertising but anything you write in hopes of persuading another human being to take action. Joe makes writing fun, and his approach is easy to digest and apply to your business. I forgot to mention, he has sold millions and millions and millions and millions of products.
Cost: At the time of this writing, Amazon is offering the paperback version for only $15.00
3) Grammarly – For those who have challenges with grammar, this app will quickly become your best friend. The G icon appears at the bottom right corner of your screen once you begin writing and will make suggestions if needed. The mobile IOS version is a keyboard and easily integrates with your apps and browser. You can toggle between this keyboard and your default one with the click of a button.
The one downside is it doesn’t work for Google Docs, but you can check your work by copying and pasting it into the online editor. An extension is available for Google Chrome and add-in for Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Monthly — $29.95 USD/month
- Quarterly Subscription — $19.98/month (billed as one payment of USD 59.95)
- Annual Subscription — $11.66/month (billed as one payment of USD 139.95)
4) Adobe Spark – A content creation app accessible via desktop or mobile. Whether you are creating images with text overlays, videos, or web pages, Spark has you covered. I am more of a desktop user, but the app is pretty awesome and very easy to use. Your choice.
Cost: $9.99 per month or $99.00 for a full year paid in advance.
5) Zhiyun Smooth Q Handheld Video Stabilizer For SmartPhone – This little gem is a game changer for anyone shooting video on the go. No more shaky camera and unprofessional video tours. I was lucky enough to purchase mine for $99 on Black Friday and noticed they are selling for $140 now. I had to include it on the list. Compared to some of the higher priced Gimbals this one is a solid affordable option.
Cost: $99-140. Keep an eye on Amazon for the discounted price.